RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS OF
DIRECTOR GENERAL AUDIT WORKS (FEDERAL), ISLAMABAD
- Preparation of Audit Plan and its submission to Auditor General of Pakistan through Deputy Auditor General (Defence Services Audit).
- To execute the Regularity/Performance/Special/Certification Audit of Federal Government Departments/ Organizations i.e. National Highway Authority, Capital Development Authority, Pakistan Public Works Department, Civil Aviation Authority, Water & Power and Works Departments Gilgit-Baltistan, Workers Welfare Fund/Board (Sindh, Punjab, Balochistan & Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Archaeology Department, Evacuee Trust Property Board, Pakistan Rangers (Punjab & Sindh), Inspector General Frontier Corps (Balochistan & Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Pakistan Coast Guards, Karachi.
- Preparation and submission of Proposed Audit Reports to Principal Accounting Officers.
- Holding of Departmental Accounts Committee Meetings.
- Processing of Draft Paras for Audit Reports.
- Preparation / Submission of Draft Audit Reports to Auditor General of Pakistan for approval.
- Printing of approved Audit Reports.
- Submission of Printed Audit Reports to Auditor General of Pakistan for onwards submission to the President of Islamic Republic.
- Preparation of Memorandum for Departmental Accounts Committee.
- Handling of News items / Press Clippings.
- Verification of record relating to Audit Paras.
- Preparation of Audit Briefs for Public Accounts Committee.
- To attend Pre-Public Accounts Committee Meetings.
- To attend the Public Accounts Committee Meetings on Printed Audit Reports.
- Administration of the office and staff.